Dispute Resolution Society (DRS) - Information Meeting
The Hofstra Law Dispute Resolution Society aims to advance students' ability to negotiate, arbitrate, and mediate through seminars and competitions. DRS members who practice these skills and compete will find countless practical applications when entering the workforce.
In contrast with other adversarial structures, dispute resolution competitions typically emphasize resolving problems in unique, creative, and collaborative fashions. And, because the DRS has little to do with formal adversarial court proceedings, competitors get to work with their counterparties pursuing equitable solutions while enjoying a relatively light time commitment.
- Practical experience applicable to any job
- Lowest time commitment out of any advocacy organization
- Relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Easy to join, cheap dues, and no tryout requirements for competitions
- Access to a supportive peer network of upperclassmen
- Catered general meetings, social events, and alumni events
Thursady, September 2 | Noon - 1 p.m. | Hofstra Law School | Room 242
Thursday, September 02, 2021
Hempstead, NY 11549
Contact:Law Student Affairs
Phone: (516) 463-5771